One of the best ways to provide your body with the essential nutrients it needs on a daily basis is to consume fresh fruit and vegetable juices. These natural beverages offer many health benefits and can be consumed throughout the whole day.
Nevertheless, since fruit juices contain sugar you should definitely make sure not to take too much of them. In addition, those of you who want to lose some weight should try to create a calorie deficit of about 500 calories a day.
Health benefits of fresh juices:
As stated above, a glass of fresh juice made of fruits and vegetables combined together offers a plethora of health benefits and represents an incredibly nutritional beverage. Each type of vegetable or fruit has its own unique and highly valuable properties that provide the human body with numerous benefits. For example, watermelon’s alkaline fluid helps neutralize acids and eliminate toxins from the kidneys, cucumber cleanses the whole body, while parsley acts as a mild diuretic. Combine watermelon, cucumber and parsley together with a small amount of ginger to get a perfect body cleanse.
Why is fresh juices’ consumption so important?
Regular consumption of juices will help you trick your body and mind into consuming less food and fewer calories in time. However, you should bear in mind that what freshly prepared juices can do for your body cannot be matched by any store-bought ones. Juices bought from the store are bottled and therefore need to be pasteurized to stay on the shelf for a longer period. This leads to a substantial loss of healthy nutrients, eventually leaving you only with their flavor and sugar.
A freshly prepared glass of juice is a true health ‘bomb’ rich in essential nutrients and fiber.
The following are some of the best juice combinations. They should be prepared with ice in a 2:1 ratio (2 parts juice/ 1 part ice):
Best Fruit Juices:
- Cranberries, prunes and grapes
- Apple and watermelon
- Apple, pear and pineapple
- Apple and pear
- Orange and grapefruit
Best Green Juices:
- Spinach, ginger, cayenne, tomato, and garlic
- Cucumber, ginger, celery, and parsley
- Celery, dill, tomato, and spinach
- Cabbage, dill, spinach, celery, and lemon
- Kale, sweet basil, celery, tomato, and garlic
- Dill, spinach, celery, and tomato
Best Combination Juices:
- Lime, lemon, orange, and ginger
- Watermelon, orange, pineapple, spinach, and cayenne
- Orange bell pepper, watermelon, pineapple, and mango
- Raspberry, blueberry, cucumber, cabbage, and mint
- Strawberry, kale, cucumber, green apple, and mint
Watch the following video to find out how to prepare an amazingly nutritional juice that will help you eliminate toxins and fat from your body. It is called the Mean Green Juice: