We often hear people talk about kidney stones but we have no idea for sure that it is a kidney stone and how it gets to lodge in the kidneys often causing acute pain.
Kidney stones are formed from metabolic alterations, increased production of certain chemical components in the urine that do not dissolve enough but instead, solidify or even decrease the volume of urine.
That is to say, the formation and agglomeration of crystals of a urine in which salts are concentrated in an elevated way plus the imbalance of other factors that inhibit the concentration of the products that are in the urine, favors the production of calculations.
It is estimated that more than 10% of the population suffers at some point of a disorder linked to the appearance of stones or kidney stones.
Calculations are small stones or solid lumps that can at some point become quite large. An important kidney stone size can get stuck in the kidney or urinary tract causing severe pain.
How do I know if I have a kidney stone?
The typical pains that generate the kidney stones are concentrated in the lower part of the back and can be displaced towards the abdomen. They can also be felt in the groin or genitalia as the stone moves.
This movement of the kidney stones or the excessive accumulation of them can also cause:
– Cloudy urine
– Bloody urine
– Need to urinate more often
This is because calculations interrupt the normal flow of urine causing urinary tract infections that can even lead to bleeding.
Sometimes these stones if they are not very large, can be eliminated naturally through the urine, but if not, Should be treated with medication.
Why not try a natural remedy? Let’s get to know some natural remedies that can help you eliminate kidney stones without the need for medications.
Many people who suffer or have suffered from kidney stones recognize that their daily water intake was below what is normally advised. Drinking little amount of liquids or water can favor the formation of stones in the kidneys, but at the same time water can be a way to help eliminate them.
2) Water, lemon and parsley:
Lemon juice contains citric acid and phosphoric acid, both compounds that decrease the risk of kidney stones. Lemon citrates decrease the acidity in the urine and help eliminate the excess salts and toxins that cause the stones. It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties, helping to prevent infections.
On the other hand, parsley is one of the most popular plants that are used to take care of the kidneys because it contains essential oils of strong diuretic action. Also vitamin C in parsley plays an important role because it helps prevent infections.
– Juice of a lemon
– 1 handful of fresh parsley
200 ml of olive oil
– 200 ml of honey
– Wash the parsley very well and process it along with the lemon juice
– Add the rest of the ingredients and continue mixing
– Pour in a jar with airtight lid and store in cool and dark place
– Take a spoonful on an empty stomach. You can dilute it in a glass of warm water for easy consumption
– Consume 2 liters of water per day
3) Citrus drink:
Citrus fruits contain vitamin C that helps prevent infections and have detoxifying effect.
This drink is ideal for strengthening the immune system and reducing the risks of contracting diseases of the urinary tract.
As an alternative benefit, this citrus drink will help to hydrate your body, lose weight and improve skin health.
– 250 ml of water
– 1 green lemon
– 1 file
– 1 orange
– 1 handful of mint leaves
– 1 tablespoon of vinegar
– In a bowl, dilute the vinegar in the water and use this solution to disinfect the citrus peels
– Cut the lemon, lime and orange into slices
– Place the fruits in a jar, the mint leaves and finally the water
– Let this mixture sit overnight
– In the morning, drink a glass of this mixture on an empty stomach and another two throughout the day
– Repeat this same treatment for a week
4) Burdock infusion:
Burdock is a wild plant that is also called “grass of love” or sprout.
It has diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties that help cleanse the kidneys and bladder. The usual intake of this infusion prevents the formation of kidney stones and decreases the risk of urinary tract infections.
– 1 tablespoon of burdock seeds
– ½ liter of water
– Place the seeds in a cup and pour boiling water
– Let stand 20 minutes to peel off its properties
– After time, strain and drink (you can add a teaspoon of honey)
– Take two cups per day on an empty stomach
5) Ginger and Turmeric:
A natural drink prepared from ginger and turmeric is an excellent complement to combat kidney stones as long as they are not large.
The active substances that have these two ingredients allow a deep purification of the kidneys thus eliminating wastes that are the ones that normally form the calculations.
Turmeric has properties that are to detoxify the blood and improve kidney health.
For its part, ginger root is a natural ingredient that in many recipes is part of remedies intended for digestive disorders, but at the same time in this preparation has a purifying, anti-inflammatory, detoxifying and analgesic effect.
– 2.5 cm ginger
– ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
– ½ liter of water
– 1 tablespoon pure honey
– Place the water in a bowl and when it reaches the boil, introduce the ginger and turmeric
– Boil for 10 or 15 minutes so that the properties are well concentrated
– Remove from heat, strain and serve in a cup
– Sweeten with a teaspoon of honey and consume every day on an empty stomach
Warning: This drink can not be consumed by people who have liver problems, gastritis, ulcers or irritable bowel.
6) Lemon and Olive Oil:
This is one of the most popular remedies for treating kidney stones. The alkaline properties of both lemon and olive oil help detoxify the blood and stimulate the body’s pH.
– 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– Mix both ingredients and consume on an empty stomach
– Repeat the same procedure for three consecutive weeks
7) Apple and celery:
This remedy, more than remedy is almost a drink from which we can enjoy for its sweet taste and its properties beneficial to health.
It is very effective to treat kidney problems since both foods have diuretic and antioxidant properties that stimulates the elimination of waste.
– 250 ml of apple juice
– 2 sticks of celery
– Obtain the juice of an apple and liquefy with the two branches of celery
– Make sure that no solid remains remain as this preparation should not leak
– Take a fasting glass of this preparation for five days in a row
8) Cranberry juice:
Cranberry juice is a drink with high detoxifying power and an excellent remedy to alkalize the body. Helps eliminate wastes from the blood and improve kidney function. In addition, it has anti-cancer properties and very few calories.
This is a delicious remedy!
– 250 ml of cranberry juice
125 ml of water
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– Extract the juice from the blueberries and mix it with water and lemon
– Consume two or three glasses per day for seven consecutive days
9) Beer and Lemon Juice:
As in other natural remedies lemon juice plays an important role in detoxifying and dissolving kidney stones.
But this time we are going to unite the properties of the lemon with the diuretic properties of beer that helps dilate the urinary tract by significantly reducing the pain.
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
– 100 ml of beer
– Mix all these ingredients in a container with tight lid and shake very well
– Consume two tablespoons per day
– Repeat for three consecutive weeks
10) Dandelion Tea:
This herb has diuretic properties because it stimulates the production of urine avoiding the retention of liquids and the formation of kidney stones. It is one of the oldest remedies for cleansing the kidneys and purifying them of toxins.
Consumption of dandelion is advised to purify the blood, lower cholesterol, as an alternative treatment for diabetes and to regulate hypertension.
– 10 g of dried dandelion
– 250 ml of water
– Boil the water and add the dry dandelion
– Let stand for 10 minutes, strain and drink. (You can add a teaspoon of honey)
– Drink two or three cups per day for one week
How to avoid the formation of kidney stones?
First, it is important to know why kidney stones were formed in your kidneys. For that, we must first eliminate them and then analyze them in a laboratory to determine their characteristics and thus be able to know how they originated.
To avoid the formation of kidney stones we must take these recommendations into account:
– Always stay hydrated: Do not forget to consume at least 2 liters of water a day.
– Physical activity: Physical activity, although moderate, prevents up to 30% of the formation of kidney stones.
– Magnesium consumption: It has been determined that the lack of this mineral contributes to the formation of kidney stones. It increases the consumption of foods that contain high concentrations of magnesium such as green leafy vegetables, thistles, beans (beans), nuts, seeds and avocado.
– Excess weight: Obesity is a risk factor that determines the occurrence of kidney stones.
– Reduce sodium: The high concentrations of sodium that we usually find in processed foods far exceeds the healthy amount we should ingest daily. Try to reduce the amounts of salt you add to your meals.
– Consume more citrus: As we have seen a lot of natural remedies are made up of citrus. Citrus fruits and particularly lemon contribute to avoid the formation of stones or to grow even more existing ones.
Remember that both these natural remedies and our recommendations do not replace the consultation with a specialist or the treatments that have indicated.