Many scientific studies have shown that soy and soy milk may negatively affect the overall health. Still, vast majority of Americans is advised to consume them by the mainstream nutritional guidelines.
Yet, facts show that this milk is anything but a healthy choice, as it can seriously harm your health. This article presents the top 10 reasons why you should stop drinking this milk for good.
Ingredients Comprised in Soy Milk
- Natural flavor
- Soymilk ( filtered water and whole soybeans)
- Calcium carbonate
- Vitamin A Palmitate
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D2
- Cane sugar
- Sea salt
- Riboflavin (B2)
Top 10 Reasons To Stop Drinking Soy Milk
- Soy has plant estrogens, known as phytoestrogens. These estrogens impede endocrine functions and may cause infertility and breast cancer in women.
- Soybeans contain haemafflutinin, a substance which causes clots. Over time, these clots lead to clumping of red blood cells.
- Soy contains a compound similar to B12, a compound which the body is unable to process. Consequently, soy products may cause deficiency in B12.
- Soybeans and any type of soy product contain high levels of phytic acid. This acid prevents the assimilation of various nutrients, including magnesium, zinc, calcium, copper, and iron.
- Up to 99 percent of soy is GMO, meaning that it is one of the mostly pesticide-contaminated foods.
- Soy contains toxic isoflavones. Some of them, such as genistein and daidzein may trigger existent breast cancer growth. Therefore, the consumption of soy foods in case of breast cancer can be very dangerous. (Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001 Sep;35(9):118-21).
- It has been found that soy encourages the need of the body of vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
- During their processing, the fragile soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures. This is done for the purpose of producing textured vegetable protein and soy protein isolate, meaning that it is a serious threat to your health.
- Soybeans contain large amounts of “antinutrients”, type of natural toxin. This means that only two glasses of soy milk on a daily basis can affect the menstrual cycle in women.
- Last but not least, soy foods are high in toxic aluminum, which negatively affects the kidneys and the nervous system. Moreover, it has been associated with the incidence of Alzheimer`s disease.
Many scientific, peer-reviewed surveys have found that food-grade carrageenan may lead to colon cancer, gastrointestinal inflammation, lesions, and ulcerations in lab animals.
According to a recent research funded by the American Diabetes Association, there is a strong link between the use of food-grade carageenan and insulin resistance and glucose intolerance in mice.
Source : www.healthyfoodhouse.com