Humanity has been using coriander as a flavoring for centuries, but the herb is more than just a simple spice or decoration for our meals. Coriander has numerous health benefits as well – it can boost your digestion, stimulate your appetite and relieve inflammation and irritation. The herb is rich in essential nutrients as well which our body requires on a daily basis.
Besides nourishing the body, here are the other health benefits of the herb:
- Boosts digestion and improves the function of the liver;
- The herb is a potent diuretic that can treat kidney stones;
- Reduces inflammation caused by rheumatism or arthritis and soothes the pain;
- Thanks to its antimicrobial and antifungal properties, coriander can relieve diarrhea;
- The high iron content makes coriander a great remedy against anemia;
- The herb relieves menstrual cramps better than any medication;
- Coriander can treat halitosis and bad breath;
- The herb will regulate your LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and prevent the accumulation of fat in the organs and arteries;
- Thanks to the high vitamin C content, coriander can reinforce your immune system and prevent numerous infections;
- The herb can treat various eye problems such as age-related macular degeneration, conjunctivitis and cataract;
- Coriander leaves are used as an appetizer as they can boost the digestion.
As you can see, coriander is more than just a spice. Include it in your diet starting today and you will surely benefit from the herb soon.