THE EPSOM SALT HAS BEEN USED IN MANY RECIPES BY GRANDMOTHERS FOR MANY YEARS, DUE TO ITS NUMEROUS HEALTHY PROPERTIES.
Epsom salt consists of magnesium sulfate that is a natural compound with various uses. Magnesium is also very efficient in:
– Relieving and relaxing sore muscles
– Soothing sprain pain
– Detoxifying the human body
– Stimulating bone integrity
– Reducing the risk of diabetes and improving insulin management
– Relieving anxiety and stress
– Preventing the formation of blood clots
– Relieving joint pain
– Preventing hardening of arteries
– Reducing bruise inflammation
– Stimulating sleep
Epsom salt has many uses, as a medicine, cleaning or beauty product, too. Moreover, it is also used to stimulate the growth of flowers and plants.
It is also used for treating numerous health problems, including:
– Cough and flu – Flu and cough are very common in the winter, so Epsom salt is a perfect solution in cases of flu and cough. Put Epsom salt in a hot bath, and soak for 20 minutes. The minerals of the Epsom salt will relieve the symptoms immediately.
– Muscle pain and aches – Put 2 cups of Epsom salt in a hot bath, and soak for 12 minutes. The pain in the muscles will be relieved at once.
– Stress – Put 2 cups of Epsom salt and several drops of eucalyptus essential oil in a hot bath, and soak for 10 – 15 minutes, three times per week.
– Acne – Epsom salt exfoliates the skin and cleans the pores. Since it contains antimicrobial properties, it also eliminates bacteria from the skin.
– Constipation – Add at teaspoon of Epsom salt in a glass of water in order to prepare a laxative. Epsom salt consists of magnesium sulfate, which relieves the stool and treats constipation efficiently.
– Hair care – Epsom salt destroys toxins found in the hair and cleanses the scalp. In your hair conditioner, add equal amounts of Epsom salt, and apply the mixture on the scalp. Keep it for 20 minutes, and wash your hair.
– Face wash – If you want to cleanse the pores, add half a teaspoon of Epsom salt in your cleansing product.
– Skin inflammation and insect bites – In a glass of lukewarm water, add one tablespoon of Epsom salt. Leave it to cool and then apply the mixture on the affected area.
– Splinter remover – In a glass of cold water add two tablespoons of Epsom salt. Mix it will, and soak a cotton ball into the mixture. Then, apply the ball on the splinter. You can also prepare a paste, by mixing one teaspoon of water in a glass of hot water. Before applying it on the splinter, first, let it cool.
– Foot health – In a bowel of lukewarm water, add half a cup of Epsom salt. Keep your legs in the water in order to sooth pain, eliminate rough skin, or get rid of bad odor. You can also prepare a scrub that will soften rough skin, and enhance it with magnesium. All you have to do is to mix olive oil, lemon soap, and a sup of Epsom salt. Mix it well and apply it on the foot.
– Mild sunburn – In order to relieve mild sunburn, add some Epsom salt in your bath and relax.
– Gardening – Epsom salt is loaded with sulfur and magnesium, which enhance the growth of flowers and plants. The researches have shown that you can use Epsom salt instead of fertilizers, the results are the same.
– Crafts – Epsom salt is also used for numerous crafts, including: snowballs, holiday jars, greeting cards, fall décor, and so on.