High temperature can be dangerous, especially if you reach 104 F or more and we can not lover it, and in such cases you should definitely seek medical attention.
Often most of us reach for already available drugs that reduce temperature ( without thinking of unwanted side effects), and “skip” natural remedies.
The first line of defense is very simple – bathing in water that is 1-2 degrees lower than normal body temperature. This should be done gradually and moderately to avoid additional shock to the body.
When you have a fever, the possibility of dehydration increases , so take plenty of fluids – plain water, natural teas and juices, light vegetable soup.
Here are a few natural remedies that can help you with this:
Apple cider vinegar
- Prepare wraps using water with domestic apple cider vinegar (in the ratio of 2/3 water and 1/3 vinegar) . Placed them on the forehead, wrists, feet …
- In addition to the wraps, it is often recommended to apple vinegar on socks, slide them to feet and wrapped a towel. When the lining becomes warm, replace it with a new one.
- Mix 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey in a glass of water. Drink 2-3 times a day.
Use raw potatoes to prepare wraps in order to “draw” the temperature of the body.
- Take a larger potato and wash it well. You do not need to peel it, altho many recipes recommend stripping. For the lining, potatoes can be cut into slices. Put the slices on the feet and slide the sock over. Wait until they are dry, and then, if necessary, replace with new ones. Wraps can be placed on the forehead and on the palms.
- Take two eggs and separate the egg white. Pour them on a towel and wrap the feet, so that the egg white is in contact with the soles of the feet. Cover them with foil so that they don’t leaking, then slip the socks. Leave until it is warm.
It helps with high temperature as it promotes sweating and elimination of toxins from the body, and also has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- 2 large cloves garlic peel and mash and mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Gently heat the mixture and apply to the soles of the feet. Wrap the feet with gauze or cloth and leave overnight.
- Peel and chop 1 clove of garlic, put in a cup and pour hot water. Leave it for 10 minutes, then drain and slowly sip. Recommended twice daily.
- Chop the onion, mix it with a little olive oil and sea salt. Apply to the soles of the feet, then wrap gauze or cloth. Replace it when it gets warm
Cabbage wraps cool down if you have a fever.
- Use cabbage leaves to lower temperature by placing them on forehead, neck or head. When warm, if necessary, replace them with a new ones.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger in a cup of boiling water and leave for 10 minutes. Sweeten with honey. Drink tea 2-3 times a day.
- Fill the tub with warm water, add 2 tablespoons ginger powder and stir well. Bath for 10 minutes, then it is best to go to bed. Ginger will stimulate sweating and reduce fever.
They are rich in so-called phytochemicals that have potent anti-inflammatory activity, and act as an energizing tonic if you have a fever.
- Soak 25 raisins in half a cup of water and let them soften (about one hour). Mash the raisins in water and drain the fluid. You can also add half squeezed lemon or lime.Drink twice daily.
Also teas of the following herbs are beneficial: basil, elderflower, lime, sage, chamomile, mint, yarrow, safflower, borage, parsley, thyme, mustard, oregano, marjoram.
Helps and hot foods such as red peppers and chili containing capsaicin, a substance that stimulates sweating and also regulates body temperature.
Almond and willow and birch extracts can be used in lowering temperature, because all these plants contain salicin – a natural aspirin.