Laurel is a spice that is commonly used in cuisines all around the world. However, did you know that besides being an addition in dishes, this spice also has numerous health benefits?
Laurel leaves can be used to prepare medicinal oil that will provide excellent beneficial properties for your health. The best thing is you can make it at your own home.
Health benefits of bay leaf oil
- Calms the nervous system
- Pain relief
- Boosts and strengthens the immune system
- Increases the overall mental activity
- Has the ability to reduce high body temperature
- Treats stomach aches and other intestine problems
- Normalizes kidney and liver function
- Improves the appetite
- Increases and stimulates the sweating process
- Can be used to make a skin lotion to treat skin issues such as acne and blackheads
- Increases the body’s resistance to infections
-30 grams of bay leaves
-250 ml of olive oil
- Crush the bay leaves with your hands or with a mortar
- Pour the olive oil over them
- Put the mixture in a glass bottle and close it tightly
- Leave the bottle in a cold and dark place for 14 days
- Shake the bottle from time to time
After 2 weeks, strain the liquid using a piece of cloth or sterile gauze. Put the strained oil in another bottle and keep it in a cold and dark place. You can heat this oil on steam if you need it to treat joint pain. It can be used to treat ear infections, migraines or inflamed lymph ulcers. For treating a severe headache apply some of the oil on your temples and massage gently.
Don’t wait anymore, prepare your bay leaf olive oil today and enjoy the numerous health benefits it provides.