Asthma is a serious health condition which comes as a result of the thickening of the bronchial tubes and a chronic inflammation which can lead to suffocation.
In most cases, people with asthma are allergic and sensitive, so whenever their lungs are irritated, their muscles tighten and produce phlegm in the throat. Asthma attacks are most often followed by coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
Therefore, people who suffer from asthma use inhalers, but they are in fact a potential risk for more health problems, since they contain lots of chemicals, such as steroids, which are harmful for the lungs. Believe ti or not, some people have even cured asthma by reducing the use of inhalers.
On the other hand, healthy foods can be of great benefit in this case, as they can lower the allergy reaction, remove inflammation in the air passages, thin the mucus in the lungs and dilate the air that triggers the attacks.
So, you need to know which foods are allowed and recommended for consumption and which should be avoided.
Note that in the struggle to eliminate respiratory issues and expand the capacity of your lungs, you need to consume foods abundant in vitamin C and beta- carotene. Also, drinking carrot juice and adding several ribs of celery in your meals would be extremely beneficial. You should consume food rich in chlorophyll in big amounts which detoxifies the colon and liver.
To make it easier to regulate the amount of healthy foods above, below is the recommended dose or the portion to be consumed by people with asthma.
Hence, this article will reveal some extremely important suggestions that will make it easier for you to combine the needed foods and help your condition.
The following are our suggestions for portions that will be beneficial for your condition:
- ¼ pineapple+ 1 cucumber+ 2 capsicums (yellow/red)+ ½ bunch watercress+ ½ lemon
- 1 cucumber+ 2 medium-sized beetroots+ 3 sticks lemongrass+ ½ lemon
- 2 green apples+ 6 ribs celery+ a bunch of spinach+ a bunch of parsley+ ¼ lemon
- ¼ pineapple+ 1 fennel+ 8-10 leaves of kale+ 3-4 radish(pungent)+ ½ lemon
- 2 cups of strawberries+ 1 cup cranberries+ 1 pomegranate
- 1 oz(1 shot) wheatgrass juice+ a squeeze of lemon juice.
On the other hand, in order to prevent future asthma attacks, you need to avoid these foods:
- Citrus fruits
- Vegetable oil like corn, sunflower, safflower (can cause inflammation)
- Soft drinks and alcohol
- Animal products like eggs, cow milk, dairy, meat( beef, pork, mutton, chicken and fish)
- Sodium and monosodium glutamate ( as they can increase the constriction of the bronchial tubes that the histamine causes)
Therefore, in order to help yourself and restore your health, you need to follow these rules and keep your diet healthy. There is no doubt that these small diet changes can make a huge difference in the case of asthma!