Cellulite is a condition in which the skin looks lumpy due to the areas with underlying fat deposits. This condition affects up to 85% of women no matter their height or weight. It usually appears in the thighs however it can also appear on the stomach, legs and buttocks and it has a distinct appearance that looks similar to an orange peel.
Cellulite is made from free-floating fat cells deposited just below the skin. It can be caused by genetic factors, hormones or leading an unhealthy lifestyle.
As soon as you notice the appearance of cellulite on your skin you should get rid of it because it only becomes worse as you get older. There are numerous techniques that can help you minimize the cellulite in the thighs.
We have prepared a list of 10 natural remedies that are excellent for managing cellulite.
This is one of the simplest ways to remove cellulite from the thighs which has worked for many people even though there is no scientific evidence for its effectiveness.
This process improves the blood flow as well as the lymphatic drainage which promote the removal of toxin build-up from the body.
The improved blood flow also makes the skin appear plump and it reduces the cellulite appearance.
This is how to perform the dry brushing.
- First, make sure that your skin and brush are dry.
- Brush gently starting from your feet and up to your shoulders, and focus more on the areas that have the most cellulite. To encourage blood circulation, brush from left to right, concentrating the brushing movements towards the heart.
- Brush your body around 5 minutes.
- At the end, shower to remove the dead skin cells and impurities.
- Perform this procedure every day before you take a shower for several months or until you notice that your skin texture is improved.
Note: Always make sure that your brush is made with natural fibers.
This spice has excellent fat-burning properties. It improves the blood flow, gives the metabolism a boost and also has the ability to heat up the body naturally. Regular consumption of cayenne pepper also helps your body eliminate toxins, get rid of bad skin cells and replace them with stronger ones thus reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Prepare a drink by taking 1-2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder, 1 teaspoon of grated ginger and juice from one lemon and putting them in a glass of warm water.
- Mix the ingredients well, and drink the liquid 1-2 times a day for about two months.
You can prepare your home-made cellulite scrub with coarse coffee grounds which will remove the dead skin cells and promote the regeneration of healthier ones. You can also increase your blood flow by drinking coffee.
- Take ¼ cup of coffee grounds, 3 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, mix them well until they create a paste. Apply some of the paste on the affected area and massage firmly for several minutes. Afterwards rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat this for 2-3 times a week. You can keep the leftover paste in a glass jar.
- Another way of using coffee grounds is by preparing a wrap. Take ½ cup of coffee grounds and some extra-virgin olive oil and heat them in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Apply the mixture on the affected area and cover it using a plastic wrap. After 30 minutes rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat 2 times a week until you notice improvement in your skin’s appearance.
This oil has excellent detoxifying properties and it also reduces fluid retention which makes it very effective for reducing cellulite.
- Take 10-15 drops of juniper oil and mix them with ½ cup of olive oil.
- Take some of the mixture and use it to massage the affected area for 10 minutes
- Repeat 2 times a day and after a month your skin will become much firmer and smoother
Seaweed is a natural exfoliating agent which improves the blood flow, helps reduce toxins from the body and it improves the skin texture which results in less cellulite.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of ground seaweed, ¼ cup of sea salt, ¼ of extra virgin olive oil and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Use this mixture to massage the affected areas for 10 minutes. Afterwards, take a shower and apply a moisturized. Repeat this once a day for a few weeks. The excess mixture can be stored for future use in a mason jar.
- Another way to use seaweed for reducing cellulite is by adding it in a bath. Take 4 sheets of seaweed and put them in your bath tub and soak in for 20 minutes. For the best results, repeat this 2 times a week.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains minerals, potassium, calcium and magnesium which make it the perfect cellulite remedy. All of these compounds are very important for the proper removal of toxins from the body and the excess water in the stomach and thigh area.
Using apple cider vinegar also promotes weight loss.
- Mix apple cider vinegar and water in a ratio of 1:2. Massage the affected areas with this solution and leave it on for 30 minutes. Afterwards rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat 2 times a day until you notice improvement.
- You can also mix equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar and apply the solution on the affected area. Cover the skin with a plastic wrap and then put a warm towel over it and keep it like that for about an hour. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat this procedure once a day until your cellulite is completely gone.
- Another way of using apple cider vinegar is by mixing 2 tablespoons of it with 1 teaspoon of honey and drinking it twice a day regularly.
Green clay is an excellent remedy for cellulite because it stimulates blood and lymph circulation, repairs connective tissues, removes dead skin cells and also absorbs impurities and fats.
- Take ½ cup of green clay, ½ cup of seaweed, ¼ of fresh lime juice, 3 tablespoons of hot water, and one tablespoon of organic honey and form a paste from the ingredients.
- Using circular motion, rub the paste on the affected area and cover it using a plastic wrap.
- After half an hour, rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the treatment once a week until you get the results you wanted.
This fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for smooth skin and healthy tissues. It also contains antioxidants that break down the fat cells in the cellulite.
The omega-3 fatty acids also reduce inflammation in the body which results with improved blood flow and less toxin buildup in the blood vessels.
To reduce cellulite, eat at least 4-5 serving of salmon weekly. However, avoid the deep-fried versions; instead you should eat baked or roasted salmon dishes.
This essential oil is excellent for body detox as well as improving blood flow and breaking down fat pockets and cellulite.
- Take 5 drops of tangerine oil and mix them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Massage the affected area using this mixture for 10-15 minutes. After using this oil avoid sun exposure for at least one hour. Repeat 2 times a day for several weeks.
- Tangerine oil can also be consumed orally. Take a glass of warm water and add 2-3 drops of tangerine oil to it and drink it once a day until your cellulite is reduced.
Over the years, the cellulite pockets get filled with toxins. The best way to remove these toxins from the body is by drinking water. Also, by drinking water you will keep your body hydrated at all times which will make your skin appear much healthier and smoother.
To provide your body with enough water, you should drink at least 8 glasses daily. Also, before taking your morning coffee or tea, make sure your drink one glass of water first.
However, if you want to add some flavor to the plain water, you can always put some lemon juice or honey in it. Another way of staying well hydrated without drinking so much water is by eating foods like leafy green vegetables, cucumbers, watermelons and melons.
Getting rid of the cellulite is simple if you just follow these tips, so start using them right now. The results will amaze you.