Drinking lemon water in the morning is a great routine which will give you amazing effects to your overall health. You will definitely notice some differences. It will provide a refreshing taste, will kick start digestion, and will finalize the natural process of detoxification. Lemons are loaded with vitamin C, B, fibers, antioxidants, enzymes, potassium, iron, magnesium, and calcium.
The choices you do on daily routines either build up resistance to diseases, or tear them down. The benefits of this routine are endless and we have listed the 15 most important:
- Boost immune system – lemon is packed with vitamin C which strengthens the immune system and fights cold and flu. Iron is also an important nutrient, while lemons improve the ability to absorb more iron from the foods you consume.
- Improves digestion – due to the structure of lemon juice being similar to the juices in our stomach, it can help loosen and flush out toxins from the digestive tract. Lemon juice assists in heartburn, easing digestion, and bloating. Moreover, it is good in helping move the bowel in the morning, hydrate your colon, infuse water into your stool, and stimulate the production of bile.
- Boost energy – it provides an instant boost of energy and improves your mood.
- Hydrates the body – plain water is best, but many people find it boring, thus do not drink it enough. Add lemon into your water and consume as many glasses as you wish throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Anti-cancer – the antioxidant properties of lemons protect your skin form aging and also reduce the risk of several types of cancer. Lemons neutralize acids as well as cancer thrives in acidic environment, thus alkalizing your body can stop the growth of cancer cells and reduce the risk of getting cancer.
- Get off caffeine – a lot of people have replaced their morning coffees with lukewarm lemon water as it gives similar energy boost to wake your body and boost energy just like one coffee cup.
- Boost brain power – potassium and magnesium benefit greatly on the brain and nerve health. Lemon water will provide with the boost you need to fight stress and depression, creating mental clarity and providing more focus. It is great for students or those people who have busy and stressful jobs.
- Freshen breath – lemons fight mouth bacteria, but do not drink it undiluted as the citric acid can erode tooth enamel. Do not brush your teeth with it, just have a glass of lemon water instead.
- Reduce mucus and phlegm – those people who drink cow’s milk are more prone to mucus production, thus you should start your day with lemon water top lessen mucus if you are not prepared to go dairy-free.
- Reduce inflammation – uric acid from your joints can be removed by the powerful lemon. The build-ups of this acid are the major inflammation causes.
- Promote healthy and rejuvenated skin – lemons are rich in antioxidants, thus prevent the damage of free radicals which are responsible for pre-mature aging of your skin. With the help of vitamin C, your skin will maintain its elasticity and the formation of wrinkles will be prevented, while blemishes will decrease.
- Weight loss aid – lemons can help you achieve faster and long term results because they help in fighting hunger carvings, boost metabolism, and give you stuffed feeling, so you will less likely to have a snack between your meals.
- Alkalize your body – lemons are the most alkalizing food sources. If there is too much acid in the body, it can contribute to inflammation, obesity, and major diseases such as Alzheimer’s diabetes, and caner.
- Antibacterial and antiviral properties – lemons help fight flu, cold, and soothe sore throat. Those who drink lemon water regularly are less likely to get these in these in the first place.
- Cleansing properties – lemons can assist in flushing out toxins from your body in order to prevent build-ups and damage to your cells, organs, and tissues. They stimulate the liver in producing more enzymes and work more effectively. The juice works as a diuretic, keeping your urinary tract toxin-free and change the pH levels which discourage the growth of bacteria. They loosen and flush out waste from the digestive tract and cleanse the colon.
How to make lemon water
You will only need 5 minutes to do this procedure. Squeeze half a lemon in lukewarm water. If in case you weight more than 150 pounds then just use a whole lemon.
It takes more energy for cold or hot water to process, thus your first glass in the morning has to be lukewarm or at a room temperature to slowly wake your body and kick start digestion.
You are free to add more lemons in your water throughout the day to add up in your daily water needs. It will add tons of benefits for the body and the mind.